Tuesday 5 June 2012

David's journal


I wonder what kind of life it was that Tally left so that she could come to the smoke. She is such a nice person. But it doesn't take a genius to realize that Tally is not used to the work that must be performed here in the smoke. Judging by the things that I hear about the city from my friends it is like a very strange place. It seems as though no work is required by the citizens to keep the civilization going. Its seems like a great place. If I didn't know about the horrible thing that my parents learned about the surgery then I might consider going to see the city from the inside. Maybe if I asked my parents they could perform the surgery so that there wouldn't be anything done to my brain. It could be like a vacation. No work that had to be done. I could do anything. And if I got into trouble I could just travel back to the smoke and not have to worry about the special circumstances. Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like to live with and in the time of the rusties. Because the place that I am living in right now is almost like the rusties. See the advances in the technology, it could be like a break from all of the work that I am doing right now. But maybe the work that I'm doing right now is nothing in comparison to what the rusties had to do for work. But since I cannot go back in time and see what the rusties did I should focus on the things that I have to do now. Both Tally and Shay seem to be nice girls and they both seem to like me. I wish that this wasn't true. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. But if I did have to choose i think that I would choose Tally because she has a nicer personality than Shay. The Shay that I used to know from when I saw her in the rusty ruins has changed. It is almost like she is not satisfied with what the smoke really is. And sometimes I think that she is a bit jealous of Tally. Maybe Shay can tell that I am showing more affection towards Tally. But in the end if she is jealous then why not go all the way. If Shay is already jealous then I may as well love Tally. I wish that people were not brought here without my permission. Tally was not invited here by me or my parents. We are the founders of this settlement. We should be in control of who can come here. If more people start to come here then it will be harder to control the people that come here. But without the Smoke having a leader then things such as this will always happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment